Terms & Conditions
Code of Conduct
In order to maintain an environment which is not only educational, but also safe and fun for all, students are expected to adhere to the following Code of Conduct:
It is important that students and parents understand, this is an environment not only for fun, but also for learning robotics.
- Show courtesy and respect for others. Both staff and students.
- Avoid using profane or rude language.
- Behave responsibly, and always exercise self-discipline.
- No horseplay.
- No continuous disruptive behavior.
A student who fails to honor our code of conduct will result in an offer for the parent or guardian to accompany the child to the program. If this cannot be arranged, the student will not be allowed to return and no refund will be offered. Hopefully, such circumstance will never happen. However, it is important to have this policy in place in order to be fair to other participants.
Proper Handling of Robots
- Please treat your robot like the delicate piece of electronic equipment that it is.
- Please place them in the storage box after each class.
- Please keep robots away from edges of tables so that they will not come to any harm
- Please put away all components in the provided storage box after every class.
- Please keep parts bins organized.
- Do not spin the motors.
- Do not allow your robot to remain stuck during operation. If your robot is stuck during execution of its program and the motors are still running, you should pick it up as soon as possible.
- Do not handle the robot roughly, such as purposely drop it on the floor or any hard surface, or drop a hard object onto the robot.
- Do not force pieces together.
- Do not eat or drink around the Computers or the Robots.
If a student is observed to be purposefully damaging equipment, the parents will be responsible for the replacement cost.
If a student continues to mishandle equipment after repeated warnings, resulting in damage, the parents will be responsible for the replacement cost and the child will be not be allowed to return.
- There will be no refunds once class has started except in the case of Medical emergencies.
- All Refunds for registration withdrawal prior to the beginning of class will be subject to a $50.00 administration fee.
- Refunds for withdrawals within 7 days of the beginning of class will only be given if the space can be filled with someone on the waiting list.
- Summer Camp refunds after June 1st will only be given if the space can be filled with someone on the waiting list.
- If you are on an installment plan, you are obligated to pay the full cost of the class attended or partially attended.